What are the benefits of a relaxing massage?
The benefits as to why you should get a massage are endless: a massage keeps your muscles supple, takes away muscle cramps, stimulates the blood circulation and it makes sure toxins and wastes are flushed from the body. On top of that, a relaxing massage also gives your immune system a boost, making you less prone to becoming ill. So a massage reduces physical ailments, which will directly have a positive effect on the mind and vice versa. Body and mind are intertwined and so that's why you often hear people say that massages are great for both body and mind!
What to expect from a relaxing massage?
A typical massage starts with a brief intake, during which you'll be asked about any aches or pains you may have, the pressure you have in mind and any body parts that need extra TLC. Then it's time to disrobe. Most massage tables come with a hole for your face, so you can focus on full relaxation. The used essential oils have great nourishing and activating ingredients for the skin and a massage typically lasts 30, 60, 90 or even 120 minutes. Listen to the calm music playing in the background and let your massage therapist know if the pressure is too soft (or too strong, for that matter!). Are you in a hurry or would you like to give special attention to a specific body area? Most massage salons also offer partial massages. These are area-specific massages such as a arm massages, foot massages or face massages which will have you feeling great in no time again!
A selection of our relaxing massages
Not sure what kind of massage to pick? Help is at hand! Here's a handy list of popular massages that we think you'll like:
- Swedish massage: also known as the classic massage! Various massaging techniques such as tapping, stroking and kneading are used.
- Hot stone massage: polished and heated lava stones are used to massage you with. The heat emitted from the stones stimulate the deeper layers of muscle tissue. Reach a state of deep relaxation without having to feel the strong pressure of a deep tissue massage!
- Deep tissue massage or sport massage: into strong massages? Then look no further. You'll feel all loose and limber after a treatment. We promise!
- Herbal compress massage: detox your body! Bundles of linen cloths containing medicinal and therapeutic herbs are heated and used during the massage.
- Shiatsu massage: lots of thumb and finger pressure on specific zones of the body is what to expect. This massage restores the body's balance. You don't have to undress during this treatment.
- Chair massage: little time on your hands? In just about 20 minutes pressure points are activated using Shiatsu techniques. Take place in the ergonomical and comfy chair and feel recharged again after this lunchtime treatment! During a chair massage you get to keep on your clothes.
The sciencey stuff
If you're tired, exhausted, feeling burnt up or when you have a lot of things on your mind, then there's a great chance of getting physical ailments too, such as a headache, insomnia, muscle pains and other pains. With a relaxing massage you take back life matters in your own hands. The thermal effect and touch that comes along with a massage promotes the creation of 'the happiness hormone', making you feel better - literally! Of course you don't need to be riddled with physical pains to get a massage. A massage also has preventive functions and it's simply a pleasant treatment to receive. Time to relax!